Plastic surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting a board-certified plastic surgeon you can trust.
Choosing an ASPS Member Surgeon ensures that you have selected a physician who:
- Is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) or in Canada by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®
- Completed at least six years of surgical training following medical school with a minimum of three years of plastic surgery residency training
- Passed comprehensive oral and written exams
- Graduated from an accredited medical school
- Completed continuing medical education, including patient safety, each year
- Performs surgery in accredited, state-licensed, or Medicare-certified surgical facilities
ASPS Member Surgeons are your partners in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Look for the ASPS Member Surgeon logo.